Slough Volunteer Police Cadets, (SVPC), is an initiative run by the Charity S.W.I.P.E in conjunction with Slough Police.
It is aimed at young people aged from 13 to 19 years of age.
SVPC is a youth diversion scheme and although young people interested in the Police as a career can join, it is anything but a recruitment tool for Police.
You do NOT have to want to join the Police to join SVPC.
SVPC will meet every Thursday between 6.30pm and 9pm at Swipe Music Centre, The Orchard Centre, 73a Stoke Poges Lane, Slough, Berkshire SL1 3NY.
In the 3 hour session they will have input on various subjects including Police issues Cadets will undertake asdan acredited training and, there will also be regular sports sessions. Cadets will also be involved in volunteering and assisting in the community.
Cadets will also assist Slough Police at carefully selected low level events and help other groups and organisations at various events.
In addition Cadets will take part in competitions arranged against other units and groups.
Some of the aims of the scheme are shown below, however the main aim of the scheme is to ensure that within a safe and structured programme that the cadets have……….FUN.
Some of the Aims and Objectives
- Creating a warm, supportive and enthusiastic youth community with a welcoming approach
- Providing effective peer, leader and role model guidance using proven techniques
- Promote and encourage a practical interest in policing among young people
- Encourage the spirit of adventure and develop qualities of leadership and good citizenship
- Developing ‘Social Citizens’ using the latest ideas in Pro Social Modelling
To find out more please contact the cadet Group Leader Jamie Green on 01753512156 or email email@example.com
I am 10 when can i get a special place in the police cadets
Hi Brandon, you can apply to be a police cadet when you are 13